Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Recipe Swaps and albums






















A few of my friends have been making inquires about how to do the recipe cards I have been making for the recipe swaps I have been involved with.
Most of the cards are 8 x 8 but 6 x 6 will work. One sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock yields 4 - 6 x 6 cards and 8 1/2 x 11 yields one 8 x 8 card. Each card is at least one sheet of cardstock with the recipe printed on the cardstock, vellum, or other quality paper product. NEVER ON WHITE PAPER. The cards are embellished with stamps, flowers, stickers or other items that reflect the recipe and the style of the artist creating the cards.

The album I was lucky enough to find was a K and Company 8 x 8, 3 ring binder, with 5 sections, and 10 page protectors. A place on the front for a pic or embellishment (which I have not done yet.)

Enjoy and i hope others jump on this bandwagon of scrapping our family recipes.

1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow! What a really nice recipe book!

Thanks too for your comment on my Mirror, Mirror project on the mb!

I'll be seeing you!